Reflexology means the discipline that promotes the diagnosis and treatment of various conditions through massages on the hands or feet. According to this doctrine, the massages that are applied in certain points of the body provoke a reflex in other corporal regions, allowing the relief of an unrest.
This means that, according to reflexology, headache and gastritis can be treated, to mention two discomforts, without coming into contact with the head or the stomach. By simply massaging the proper points of the feet or hands, the therapeutic action will reach the affected area.
The origin of reflexology
The origin of reflexology is considered to be in the year 2,300 BC, since at that time it is known that the massages were used in the feet to be able to deal with certain ailments. However, modern discipline is based on the studies, works and research undertaken about 125 years ago.
Reflexology is based on postulates similar to those of acupuncture. Its drivers believe that the body is crossed by meridians that divide it in different regions. Each of these regions has its reflection in the feet or hands. In some cases, it is believed that the reflexes are also found in the nose and ears.
Energy meridians. Explanation
By the mentioned meridians, according to the reflexologist, circulates an energy that is known like Chi or Qui. This energy must flow naturally: when that does not happen, a disease or other health problem is generated. Through reflexology, massage key points that allow the reactivation of the flow of chi in those regions of the body where there was some kind of blockage or inconvenience.
DIAGNOSIS & BENEFITS
Those who carry out this technique and those who periodically go to it to undergo massage, consider that it brings with it an important number of benefits, such as those shown below:
- Reduces considerably the pains that are suffered in the body.
- Achieves that the person can diminish and even end their problems of stress and anxiety.
- It is also determined that it contributes to improving what the blood circulation is.
- Similarly, it is believed to be a great alternative to end depression.
- There are people who say that they trust Reflexotherapy because it is the tool that has helped them to improve in general the different health problems they had.
- The experts in this technique also affirm that attending sessions of the same is a way to be able to recover much better and faster from any surgical intervention. Specifically, it is established that by using it will avoid having to take numerous medications to relieve the pain that can be felt.
- It is further considered that it can help to cope with problems such as diabetes, hypertension and even cholesterol.
It should be noted that medicine does not support reflexology as there is no scientific evidence to prove its effectiveness. That’s why doctors believe their potential benefits are the result of the so-called placebo effect.
Also it is necessary to point out that, because it is a technique in which the work tool is the hands, pharmaceutical companies cannot obtain benefits so that the doctors may have hidden interests or ignorance to believe that it is a placebo effect. From this web we recommend that you think for yourself and that you try at least one session of foot reflexology and only after you draw your own conclusions.